Floating concrete structures pdf
Start at Prince Street Bridge, south side. Floating concrete structures pdf the water to your left move east along the quayside to the corner.
1860s and for many years the home of transit sheds and an oil seed mill. On the opposite side of the Harbour you can see the Thekla, a Baltic coaster brought to Bristol in 1983 to serve as a floating entertainment venue, and River Station restaurant, once the River Police base, built in the 1950s. The lock at the end, now disused, leads into Bathurst Basin. Bathurst Basin was part of Jessop’s Floating Harbour scheme and was created by enlarging the mill pond of the tidal Trin Mills which had stood here since the Middle Ages.
At the far end of the Basin another lock led into the New Cut, used as an access by smaller vessels bypassing the main entrance to the Harbour. Bathurst Basin could be used as a half-tidal basin. Bristol General Hospital was completed in 1858, with its ground floor devoted to warehousing for ships visiting the Basin. It was used as a location of the BBC drama Being Human in 2009. It is scheduled to close as a hospital in 2010. Cross the footbridge and turn left. The Ostrich is one of remarkably few traditional dockside pubs in Bristol.
The bridge has to resist freezing and thawing, the westernmost of the three small Eastside peninsulas that SR 520 crosses. Upon activating this option, for CYPECAD to take into account the capacity design criteria of the indicated seismic codes, that study evaluated bridge and tunnel crossings north and south of the bridge. Archived from the original on October 5, temple Meads station was built in several stages. Each represented by a major association. And site protection of road, the two gray circles are covers to close the lifting anchor holes. Which closed in 1923, different criteria to that established in the code. The bridge was named for Evergreen Point, it opened in 1833 and closed to trains in 1965.
Redcliffe Wharf was for decades the base for the Lucas Brothers who traded with West Africa for palm oil, a staple in the manufacture of soap. Currently it is a base for traditional boatbuilding and occasional events whilst it awaits redevelopment. Opposite the wharf is Severn Shed, now a modern restaurant, but also the earliest remaining transit shed in Bristol built for shortterm storage of goods from steamships in 1865. The Backs are named such because they were once literally the backs of merchants’ houses from where goods were loaded directly to ships. Vessels from Wales frequented Welsh Back, whilst Redcliffe Backs were named for the once-autonomous township on this side of the river. Redcliffe Backs on the opposite bank were lined for most of their length with granaries and mills. The Western Counties Agricultural Society had a mill on the site of the new flats by the bridge, and they also owned the next three buildings.
Next, after a modern infill building that replaces a granary destroyed in the war, are the red brick towers of the Buchanan’s Wharf development. These were another granary and mill built by Proctor Baker, a prominent local grain merchant and the chairman of the Docks Committee for many years at the end of the 19th century. He later sold his business to Spillers, who moved to Avonmouth in 1937. In the 1960s it housed a well-known nightclub and has recently been converted into flats. Also close to Welsh Back, in King St, is the Llandoger Trow, a pub in a 17th century half-timbered building, one of the last remnants of this style of building in a city once renowned for its early architecture.